Two dead, two missing following oil tanker explosion off UAE coast

Published June 19th, 2003 - 02:00 GMT
Al Bawaba
Al Bawaba

Two people were killed and two were reported missing after an explosion aboard an oil tanker off the coast of Fujairah, the official Emirates News Agency reported Wednesday. 

 

The blast took place while "quantities of oil were being transported and unloaded between two tankers seven nautical miles from the UAE coast," it quoted an official source as saying. 

 

Fujairah port director Mussa Murad said fires aboard the two vessels had been quickly extinguished. 

 

Officials have launched an investigation into the incident, the source said. (Albawaba.com) 

 

Subscribe

Sign up to our newsletter for exclusive updates and enhanced content