Iran's Foreign Minister Kamal Kharrazi in Tehran Sunday said Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak would not attend the upcoming D-8 meeting, due to be held this month in Tehran.
"According to what has so far been announced, President Mubarak will not attend the meeting," Kharrazi said in statements carried by the official IRNA news agency.
However, a high-ranking Egyptian delegation is expected to arrive in Tehran to take part in the meeting, he added.
On Tehran-Cairo relations, Kharrazi said bilateral ties between the two countries is taking its natural and sound course so that official ties will be established between the two sides in the near future.
The important point is that both countries are determined to establish such a relationship, the foreign minister made clear. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)