A three-year-old Palestinian girl was killed by a gunshot to the head in the Rafah refugee camp Saturday, Palestinian hospital officials said.
Rawan Abu-Zeid's uncle Khader said the girl, who had been cooped up inside since Israeli tanks and armored vehicles rumbled into the camp on Tuesday, had just left the house to buy something from a nearby shop.
In the Gaza City neighborhood of Al-Zaytoun, Hussain Al-Lad’a, 20, was pronounced dead of wounds he sustained on May 11, as Israeli troops incurred into the neighborhood and began shooting heavily on locals, medical sources reported. Al-Lad’a added the Al-Zaytoun death toll to 18, Palestinian sources pointed out.
Meanwhile, the Israeli human rights group B'Tselem said Friday evening that in the previous 48 hours Israeli troops had demolished 62 homes in the Brazil and a-Salam neighborhoods in Rafah.
A total of 40 Palestinians have been killed since the start of operations in the Gaza Strip border town this week.
Elsewhere, a Palestinian suicide bomber struck at an Israeli military roadblock in the northern Jordan Valley, injuring one Israeli soldier and four Palestinian bystanders.
One Palestinian man suffered serious. The soldier suffered light wounds. The PFLP claimed responsibility for the attack. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)