American embassy, consulates in Saudi Kingdom to reopen

Published May 25th, 2003 - 02:00 GMT
Al Bawaba
Al Bawaba

The American embassy and consulates in the Saudi Kingdom, closed to the public last week due to concerns of an imminent “terrorist attack”, reopened on Sunday.  

 

However, the US State Department, through the embassy in the Saudi capital Riyadh, said Saturday the security situation in Saudi Arabia was still uncertain and that US citizens should remain extremely vigilant. "We consider this a dangerous environment, and certainly we want to move people out of danger," John Burgess, the U.S. embassy's public affairs officer, told Reuters

 

Moreover, the embassy said the travel of US diplomats at the embassy in Riyadh as well as the consulates in Jeddah and Dhahran would continue to be restricted. 

 

"The embassy wishes to advise the American community that the embassy and the consulates general will reopen for public business on Sunday, May 25, 2003," it said in a notice to Americans in Saudi Arabia. (Albawaba.com) 

© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)

Subscribe

Sign up to our newsletter for exclusive updates and enhanced content