Six Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip, Hamas condemns calls to stop rocket attacks

Published October 8th, 2004 - 02:00 GMT
Al Bawaba
Al Bawaba

At least six Palestinians died Friday in the Gaza Strip. In one incident, a Palestinian girl was shot dead Friday afternoon by Israeli forces in Beit Hanoun to the north of the Gaza Strip. The 9-year old girl Samah Samih Nassar was in her chest while she was in her home. 

 

Later Friday, an Israeli helicopter fired a missile at a group of Palestinians. The Israeli army said they tried to plant an explosive device northeast of the Jabalya refugee camp. 

 

Two Palestinians were killed. One of those killed was Yasser al-Khatib, 18, Palestinian hospital sources said. The second person killed was Mohammed Subuh, 17. 

 

Nearly at the same time, another Palestinian was shot in the centarl Gaza Strip. 

 

A medical source at the Shifa hospital confirmed Friday that Lua’y Hamad sustained serious injuries in various parts of his body as a result of shrapnel from a rocket which was fired four days ago at a group of residents at the Zamo street in Beit Hanoun. 

 

Meanwhile, Zionist occupation troops are pressing ahead with their aggression on the northern towns of the Gaza strip for the tenth day, especially around the Jabalya refugee camp and the town of Beit Hanoun.  

 

Occupation tanks continue to shell residential areas and many besieged Palestinian families have no electricity or water and are running out of food supplies and milk for the children.  

 

A Palestinian youth succumbed Friday morning to wounds he sustained earlier this week in the northern Gaza Strip. 

 

Medical sources at Naser hospital stated that Khaled Abu Taemah, 25, died as a result of wounds he sustained when occupation troops stationed at the armistice line east of the village of Khuza'a in Khan Younis opened heavy machine gunfire at residents homes in the Barakah neighborhood to the south of Khuza'a. 

 

Khaled's body was found Friday in the area that came under attack Thursday.  

 

Also in Friday, a Palestinian boy died as a result of wounds he sustained in Israeli shelling of Palestinian homes in Jabalya refugee camp a week ago. 

 

Medical sources at Shifa hospital confirmed that Hasan Sharatha sustained wounds in various parts of his body as a result of being hit with shrapnel from an artillery shell and was in intensive care in a state of clinical death until his death at dawn Friday. 

 

Occupation forces fired tank shells a week ago at homes in the Jabalya refugee camp wounding at least four Palestinians one of them was Sharathah whose wounds were described at the time as serious. 

 

The Israeli onslaught in the northern Gaza Strip which has started on 29 September claimed so far the lives of at least 110 Palestinians, a third of them children, and more than 350 others were wounded.  

 

Meanwhile, Hamas condemned calls for halting Qassam rocket attacks at Israeli settlements. The condemnation was voiced by Sheikh Maher al-Kharraz in a speech he delivered Friday at a rally in Nablus in support of Palestinians under attack in the northern Gaza Strip. 

 

The rally was organized by Haams in Nablus. Thousands of Friday worshipers participated in the rally which condemned the ongoing Israeli onslaught. (albawaba.com)

© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)

Subscribe

Sign up to our newsletter for exclusive updates and enhanced content