Visiting Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak held talks Tuesday with Italy's Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, AFP reported.
Asked about last week's suicide bombings at two Egyptian resorts, and suggestions in Arab newspapers that Israel was behind the attacks, Mubarak said: "It was very different from other attacks and at the moment we can't accuse anyone." "We can accuse neither Israel nor anyone else," he added.
Earlier in the day, Israel's military chief said the Israeli army believes that al-Qaeda carried out the attack, which killed at least 34 people.
According to The AP, Lt. Gen. Moshe Yaalon told parliament's Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee that the army's intelligence latest assessment is "the international jihad" carried out the attacks. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)