Israeli troops kill three Palestinians in Gaza Strip, demolish house in Nablus

Published December 29th, 2003 - 02:00 GMT
Al Bawaba
Al Bawaba

Three Palestinians were killed by Israerli gunfire late Sunday next to the Gaza Strip settlement of Netzarim, Palestinian and Israeli sources said.  

 

"Many armed Palestinian activists were spotted late afternoon Sunday near the Netzarim settlement from where mortar shells were fired, injuring no one," the military source said.  

 

"The Israeli troops responded, opening fire in the direction of the source of the bombardment and the Palestinians announced that they had incurred three fatalities in their ranks," the source added.  

 

Israeli troops retrieved the bodies at first light. 

 

Earlier in the day, Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas, fired six mortar shells at Netzarim.  

 

A Qassam communiqué said that four Qassam-1 missiles were fired also at the Dogit settlement to the north of the Gaza Strip and two others at the Nahal Uz settlement to the east of Gaza city.  

 

Meanwhile, the Israeli occupying forces dynamited early Monday the house of Nader Abu Al Lail, a prominent activist in Fatah's military wing at Balata refugee camp of Nablus.  

 

On Sunday, Palestinian security sources said that the Israeli occupying forces blew up the two-storey house of Hashem Abu Hamdan, a home of ten family members.  

 

In Qalqilia, a contingent of Israeli troop invaded Monday morning this West Bank city, WAFA reported.  

 

Eyewitnesses told WAFA that the Israeli soldiers launched a wide scale of house to house search. Shaher Said Ja’bdi, 23, and Hesham Abed Alateif Dauod ,22, were arrested during the invasion. (Albawaba.com)

© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)

Subscribe

Sign up to our newsletter for exclusive updates and enhanced content