Israeli fire kills Palestinian as US report expected to slam West Bank ''fence'' construction

Published January 8th, 2004 - 02:00 GMT
Al Bawaba
Al Bawaba

A 46-year-old Palestinian was killed on early Thursday by Israeli fire in Rafah, in the southern Gaza Strip, Palestinian medics said. The medics named the man as Ibrahim al Kurd, saying he had been fatally hit when Israeli troops opened fire towards his house. 

 

Meanwhile, the U.S. State Department is inclined to harshly attack the so-called "West Bank separation fence" in its annual human rights report, due for publication in March, the Tel Aviv-based Haaretz reported in its online edition on Thursday.  

 

Washington has already told Tel Aviv that the issue of the fence will take up a significant part of the chapter on Israel and the occupied territories, the newspaper addded. (Albawaba.com)

© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)

Subscribe

Sign up to our newsletter for exclusive updates and enhanced content