Israel defense minister delays US visit

Published July 17th, 2005 - 09:19 GMT
Al Bawaba
Al Bawaba

Israel's defense minister postponed a visit to Washington intended to reach agreement on future Israeli arms sales to China and other countries, defense
officials said Sunday, citing a surge in regional violence as the reason for the change in schedule.


Defense Minister Saul Mofaz was to fly to the U.S. on Saturday. He will probably travel later this week due to escalating Gaza Strip violence and a suicide attack last week in Netanya that killed five Israelis, the officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity.


 

Subscribe

Sign up to our newsletter for exclusive updates and enhanced content