The Quds Brigades, the military wing of the Islamic Jihad Movement, on Monday declared responsibility for firing three Quds-1 missiles on the Morag settlement south of the Gaza Strip city of Khan Younis. A Brigades statement, a copy of which was obtained by KUNA news agency, said that the Martyr Mahmoud Al-Khawaja Brigade gunners launched four Quds-1 missiles, adding that all landed on target.
Meanwhile, dozens of Jewish settlers erected on Monday a new outpost in the Gaza Strip where clashes broke out a day earlier between them and with Israeli soldiers, who destroyed several of their buildings, ahead of Israel's planned pullout from Gaza Strip.
Palestinian security sources confirmed that the Israeli army demolished on Sunday noon a number of houses near the area of Mawasi, west of the southern Gaza Strip city of Khan Younis.
All in all, Israeli forces tore down 11 houses they claim to have been uninhabited near the Jewish settlement "Shirat Hayam," which is part of the settlement bloc Gush Qatif.
Israeli army sources said the decision to demolish these houses was in fear of being used as havens for Jewish settlers who oppose to the Israeli withdrawal from Gaza Strip.
These houses had been used as chalets by Egyptian officers before the 1967-war.