Iraq's Information Minister on Monday said that 62 people had been killed by US-led forces in the past 24 hours and over 400 had been wounded.
Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf gave the figures at a news conference in Baghdad.
He said that in Baghdad, 194 people had been wounded in bombing but none had been killed. According to him, the most deaths were 30 in Babel, south of Baghdad, and 14 in Basra.
Iraqi TV Monday showed images of an Apache Longbow helicopter on a field in Karbala. Two helmets were also shown at the scene. At the news briefing, al-Sahaf mentioned the television images and said pictures of the pilots may be broadcast, too.
"Farmers shot down two Apaches. We showed one today and might show the second and the pilots," al-Sahaf said.
A U.S. defense official on Monday confirmed that one U.S. Apache Longbow helicopter was down in Iraq. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)